Besides the County Government, many actors are involved in county governance and service delivery processes. The Constitution of Kenya and other legislation defines the actors and their respective roles.
Explore the links below to find out more about the roles of each actor.
- Civil Society- Citizens and non-state actors such as civil society organizations, academia, private sector and business groups
- County Government– The County Assembly, County Executive, and key associations representing county government officials
- National Government – Key national government institutions and their role in county governance
- Inter-Governmental Relations -Key institutions and commissions that facilitate the relations between governments
- The Judiciary- The system of independent courts that administer justice at both county and national level
- Capacity Development Institutions–The key institutions or actors that play a role in capacity development in Kenya
Last Update: November 15, 2021