The Directorate is responsible for overall policy coordination and direction on public service human resource development, capacity development, internship and volunteer policy for the Public Service.
The functions of the Directorate include:
- Providing leadership in Human Resource development function in the Public Service;
- Identifying and developing suitable training and development programmes for the Public Service;
- Resource Mobilization for training, development and capacity building for the Public Service;
- Negotiating, concluding and implementing bilateral and multilateral agreements relating to Human resource Development in the Public Service;
- Focal point for Development Partner technical assistance to the Public Service;
- Collaborating with the Government and private training institutions on the development training programmes for Public Service;
- Identification and mainstreaming development of critical skills and competencies in the Public Service;
- Development and maintenance of skills inventory in the Public Service;
- undertaking of Training Needs Assessment in the Public Service;
- Monitoring, evaluation and auditing of human resource development activities in the Public Service; and
- Development and coordination of internship and volunteer policy in the Public Service.
Last Update: November 15, 2021