The Management Consultancy Services Department is mandated to
- advice the Public Service on appropriate organizational Structures;
- review and introduce modern management techniques towards attaining the goals of Vision 2030;
- interpret provisions of the Constitution and translate them into functions, structures, operations and staffing norms;
- formulate business solutions appropriate for the Public Service;
- develop and review Career Progression Guidelines;
- and undertake research, innovation and reforms to promote modernization of the Public Service.
The clients of the Management Consultancy Services Department include: Ministries/Departments;
- County Governments;
- State Corporations; and Training Institutions including Universities,
- Polytechnic and public Schools and hospitals with the aim of enhancing service delivery.
Further, the department is involved in the actualization of Executive Orders on Organization of Government to ensure that functions are unbundled and placed appropriately and Ministries/Departments are properly structured and staffed in order to optimize service delivery. In addition, the department is involved in quality assurance of the work of private consultants to ensure that the recommendations therein are implementable and are in line with Government policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Advising on Public Sector Reforms and Transformation for enhanced Public Service delivery through development of appropriate organizational structures;
- Developing Staffing Norms, grading and determining optimal staffing levels;
- Developing Schemes of Service and Career Progression Guidelines and;
- Managing and maintaining Human Resource Management Information System (HRIS);
- Undertaking research and coordinating mainstreaming of Innovations in the public Service;
- Undertaking organization design to improve delivery of organizations’ mandates and implementation of flagship projects of Vision 2030;
- Transforming organizations in line with the Constitution;
- Undertaking stakeholder mapping to improve customer focus, image delivery of service;
- Developing staffing norms to ensure optimal utilization of human resource;
- Undertaking Job Analysis and Job Evaluation to deliver organizational mandates and restore equity in compensation;
- Advising on business process re-engineering;
- Undertaking job design to realize expectations of public service delivery and preparing Schemes of Service/Career Progression Guidelines;
- Facilitating, coordinating and monitoring implementation of human resource information systems in the Public Service;
- Drawing proposals, formulating plans and monitoring reform initiatives in various thematic areas;
- Undertaking customer, opinion, and technology surveys;
- Replicating innovations, disseminating research findings and facilitating knowledge management.
Structure of the Department
- The Management Consultancy Services Department is structured into the following six (6) Divisions:
- Strategy and Organization Design;
- Operational Standards and Efficiency;
- Career Design and Development;
- Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Automation;
- Research, Innovation and Reform;
- Public Service Reforms & Knowledge Management.
Last Update: November 15, 2021