The government of Kenya has made very significant progress in developing its National Social Protection System;
- Expansion of schemes and progress in strengthening programme delivery
- Significant increase in political commitment to social protection
- More investment in social protection
- Government commitment in social protection policy
Social protection is a small sector dominated by larger programs namely
- GFD-General Food Distribution
- CSP-The Civil Service Pension
- NSSF-National Social Security Fund
- NHIF-National Hospital Insurance Fund
There is a wide range of social assistance programs and in particular;
- Cash Transfer for Orphans and Vulnerable Children CT-OVC
- Older Pensions Cash Transfer (OPCT)
- Income Security in old age and the Universal Inua Jamii Senior Citizens programs.
These activities cut across both the National and County Government hence a devolved function.
Last Update: April 6, 2022