The Infrastructure, Science, Technology and Innovations (ISTI) Directorate is responsible for providing leadership and coordinating national and sectoral policy formulation, planning and budgeting aspects of the Enablers of the Kenya Vision 2030. These include Infrastructure; Transport (air, roads, rail, water); Energy; Petroleum; Housing and Urban development; Public Works; Shipping and Maritime Affairs; Science, Technology and Innovations (STI); and Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Coordinate development, review and dissemination of policies and programmes under the Foundations/Enablers of the Kenya Vision 2030;
- Provide technical guidance and advice to Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in the Foundations/Enablers Sectors of the Kenya Vision 2030;
- Co-convene various sectors in the Medium-Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) annual budgetary preparation process;
- Conduct research on topical and emerging socio-economic issues to inform the National Development Agenda;
- Assess the status of the infrastructure, science, technology and innovation projects to inform policy and planning; and
- Develop and maintain database on Science, Technology and Innovations Ecosystem for Kenya.
Last Update: November 15, 2021