The Directorate’s mandate:
The Directorate is responsible for Public Investment Policy and Oversight in Kenya.
The functions of the Directorate are to:
- Coordinate the management of public investment;
- Formulate and review policies, guidelines and regulations to improve PIM processes across national and county governments;
- Develop and maintain a Public Investment Management Information System (PIMIS);
- Advise the budget process on issues relating to project selection;
- Review and approve concept notes, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies of projects prior to their inclusion in a project pipeline;
- Capacity build Ministries, Departments Counties and Agencies (MDACs) on PIM;
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation standards for public investment projects;
- Provide technical assistance for the Ministries, Departments Counties and Agencies; and
- Undertake research, develop and update methodologies on Public Investment Management.
Last Update: November 15, 2021
Total 0 Votes: