Functions of County Public Service Board
- Establish and abolish offices in the County public service
- Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the board of cities and urban areas in the county and to confirm appointments
- Exercise disciplinary control over staff
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of functions of the Board
- Promote in the County public service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly on the extent to which the values and principles of Articles 10 and 232 are complied with
- Facilitate development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel in the County
- Advise the County on human resource management and development
- Advise County governments on implementation and monitoring of national performance management system in the Counties
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission on behalf of the County
government on the payments, pensions and gratuities for the County public service employees.
County Public Service Board power
- Inform and educate County public officers on values and principles of governance.
- Recommend to the County government effective measures to promote values and principles of governance.
- Assist County governments in formulation and implementation of programmes intended to
inculcate in public officers the duty to uphold values and principles of governance.
- Advise County governments on their obligations under international treaties and conventions on good governance in the County public service
- Visit any County public office or body to assess and inspect the status of compliance with values and principles
- Investigate on its own initiative or upon a complaint the violation of any values and principles
- Recommend to the relevant lawful authority any necessary action in view of any violation of the values and principles by an individual or body
- Cooperate with other institutions working in the field of good governance in the public service
- Perform any other function that is considered necessary for the promotion of values and principles of governance
Last Update: November 10, 2021
Total 0 Votes: