According to section 5 of the County Government Act, County Governments shall be responsible for any function assigned to them under the Constitution or by an Act of Parliament. In addition, they shall be responsible for:
- County legislation in accordance with Article 185 of the Constitution;
- Exercising Executive functions in accordance with Article 183 of the Constitution;
- Functions provided for in Article 186 and assigned in the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution;
- Any other function that may be transferred to County
- governments from the National government under Article 187 of the Constitution;
- Any functions agreed upon with other County governments under Article 189 (2) of the Constitution; and,
- Establishment and staffing of its public service as templated under Article 235 of the Constitution.
- The assembly can appoint persons and exercise disciplinary control over them apart from those subject
to the Teachers Service Commission.
Last Update: November 10, 2021