The Economic Development Coordination Directorate (EDCD) is mandated with the role of providing linkage between policy, planning and budgeting, coordinating policy formulation, planning and strategies at the national and county level. The directorate also undertakes capacity building and technical backstopping on development planning matters at the national and county levels.
The functions of the Directorate are to:
- Coordinate development, review, and dissemination of policies and programmes under the Economic Pillar of Kenya Vision 2030;
- Coordinate linkages between the National and County Planning functions;
- Coordinate National Government economic planning function at the county level;
- Coordinate development and review of guidelines for the preparation and review of County Integrated Development Plans, County Sectoral Plans and County Annual Development Plans;
- Review and provide input on Draft County Integrated Development Plans and Draft County Sectoral Plans;
- Co-convene various sectors in the annual Medium-Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) budgetary preparation process; and
Develop and maintain repositories of National Government programmes and projects at county level.
Last Update: November 15, 2021